Float Doggy - Dog Life Jacket
Our dog flotation vest (dog life-jacket) uses a unique and patented enclosed design that wraps your dog in an ergonomic, balanced, comfortable and secure flotation jacket.
Unlike Other Dog Life Jackets
Float Doggy is quite unlike other dog life jackets in lots of technical ways, but the one you will notice most is that Float Doggy is the only jacket to have flotation built in under the chest between the front legs. That has three key benefits for your dog:
- It gives us a place to put extra flotation that doesn't create bulk around the sides so we get more buoyancy while still being streamlined
- It helps support the heaviest shoulder and chest area which in turn keeps the head higher. If we only floated under the belly and around the body as most jackets do we would tip your hound forward as their mid-body rises and their front body sinks unsupported. Floating under the front legs is better for keeping them balanced.
- It gives excellent stability, security and comfort especially when lifting your dog. If the jacket is open between the front legs all the pressure goes through the throat and soft tissue of the throat, elbows and belly when lifting and there is a giant hole through which a wriggling dog can slip out. The handle on the Float Doggy is attached to a fully enclosed harness. It's easier for you to balance when lifting and much better for your dog's comfort and safety.
You'll Also Dig
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double strapping secures the jacket evenly and firmly
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Harness construction for secure lifting, minimizes throat and elbow pressure
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
You may be interested to know that the Float Doggy shares the same harness construction as our HeliDog harness used for lifting dogs underneath helicopters. We don't expect you'll be dropping onto your SUP or your kayak from a helicopter (or maybe you will to your super-yacht), but if you did then you'd be just fine in the Float Doggy.
Click on the sizing chart image on this page to size yourself up for a Float Doggy.
If you are unsure or confused, contact us and we'll do our best to help out. If you can give us an idea of your dog's size relative to the breeds listed on our sizing chart and an estimation of its weight that is most useful. There is no need to go wild measuring necks and girths and spines and inside legs.
Ugh. What If We've Got None Here In Your Size?
D-fa Dogs has recently partnered with the fabulous Stunt Puppy™ so from 2019 our gear will be available to you as Stunt Puppy rather than D-fa Dogs. It's great news for us and for you.
Same great designs, same great quality and a wider selection of gear for your hound including stink free collars, beautiful patterned leashes and collars as well as harnesses, hands-free running leashes and customisation options that will have you spinning excited circles of delight.
So, if we're out of your size here or you just a curious type then head to www.stuntpuppy.com to see the full range.