Float Doggy Life JacketFD-RED-MINI
by Stunt Puppy
The Stunt Puppy Float Doggy (dog life-jacket) uses a unique and patented enclosed design that wraps your dog in an ergonomic, balanced, comfortable and secure flotation harness.
Unlike Other Dog Life Jackets
Float Doggy is quite unlike other dog life jackets in lots of technical ways, but the one you will notice most is that Float Doggy is the only jacket to have flotation built in under the chest between the front legs. That has four key benefits for your dog:
- It gives us a place to put extra flotation without creating side-bulk so we get more buoyancy and a streamlined fit
- It helps support the heaviest shoulder and chest area which keeps the whole body including the head higher in the water without craning your dog's neck or putting upward pressure on the throat
- If we only floated around the body without balancing that underneath as most jackets do we would tip your hound forward as their mid-body rises and their front body sinks unsupported. Adding flotation between the front legs is better for keeping them balanced.
- It gives excellent stability, security and comfort especially when lifting your dog. The handle is attached to a full lifting harness making it easier to for you to balance when lifting, is more comfortable and safe for your dog and they are unlikely to slip out of the harness when being lifted, even if they are wriggly.
You'll Also Dig
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double strapping secures the jacket evenly and firmly
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Harness construction for secure lifting, minimizes throat and elbow pressure
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
You may be interested to know that the Float Doggy shares the same harness construction as our HeliDog harness used for lifting dogs underneath helicopters. We don't expect you'll be dropping onto your SUP or your kayak from a helicopter (or maybe you will to your super-yacht), but if you did then you'd be just fine in the Float Doggy.
Click on the sizing chart image on this page to size yourself up for a Float Doggy.
If you are unsure or confused, contact us and we'll do our best to help out. If you can give us an idea of your dog's size relative to the breeds listed on our sizing chart and an estimation of its weight that is most useful. There is no need to go wild measuring necks and girths and spines and inside legs.